Hi, we’re Valur and Hrafnhildur (but you can just say ‘Hilda’); your new friends in Reykjavik.
This is our small, family-run business. Valur is a certified tour guide, Hilda runs the office and our baby boy Óðinn provides inspiration by looking cute.
Consider us your friends, here to show you around and make sure you have a great time.
Our tours are designed to show you the best of our city and to teach you about our country through interesting stories. We want you to enjoy Icelandic hospitality at its finest, but most importantly, we want you to have fun!
Join us and share in our passion for history, food, beer and making new friends.
Book your tour online today.
- We have a maximum of 12 people on each tour, so you’ll have plenty of chances to ask questions and make new friends.
- As your new friends, we’re always happy to share tips and advice to help you make the most of your trip to Iceland.
- Tours take place no matter what the weather. It’s the Icelandic way to just add a few layers of clothing, laugh and get on with the fun.
- You can book up to 2 hours before a tour (subject to availability)
- All our tours are available for private groups upon request. Contact us at email@example.com.
Meet your friends in Reykjavik
The Couple behind Your Friend in Reykjavik
Valur Heidar (Valur means Falcon in Icelandic)
My name is Valur and I’m your guide with Your Friend in Reykjavik
I graduated from the Icelandic Tourist Guide School and I’m also a member of the Icelandic Tourist Guide Association.
I’ve worked in the tech industry for many years as well as a touring musician in Iceland.
I love travelling, meeting new people, trying different things and enjoying food and beverages from different countries. I love Iceland and I’m really happy to get the chance to share my knowledge with you when you come to Iceland.
Hrafnhildur Ragnarsdóttir (or just call me Hilda!)
My name is Hrafnhildur but feel free to call me Hilda! I‘m the manager of Your Friend in Reykjavík. I oversee the booking of the tours, answering your emails and various office work. Don’t ever hesitate to contact us, we love to hear from you.
I majored in History and Politics and I’ve worked in the service industry and the public sector in various fields. I love outdoor activities, travelling, trying different food, meeting new people and share experiences. I love my country and I really hope you will to. That’s why we have created our tours, because we really want you to leave Iceland with a positive experience, and even better, that you want to come back again.