There are some things that are meant to be seen on foot, which is why we are passionate about providing our walking tours to those visiting Reykjavik. Participating in a walking tour on your next vacation is a great decision for several reasons, but it is a truly special affair in Reykjavik. The Reykjavik streets and storefronts transform from passing glances to memorable experiences on a walking tour. While we could go on forever about why everyone should experience our Reykjavik walking tour, we’ve summarized the top benefits of walking tours for all visitors. Here are 6 reasons to take a walking tour in Reykjavik, Iceland.
So here are the 6 reasons why you should book now
- Get Your Steps in!
No one wants to go to the gym on vacation, and no one should! Instead, stay up on your fitness by enjoying a walking tour! You will have so much fun that you will hardly notice the workout you are fitting in. To be even more inspired on the ways of fitness, why not learn about the Vikings. Our Reykjavik Walking Tour gives you an introductory look at Iceland, and it’s Viking ancestors. See where the Vikings first settled, how Reykjavik came to be the country’s capital, learn fun facts about Vikings, and get a great workout in while you walk. You may discover your inner Viking in the process! –
- Experience the Area Like a Resident What better way to reward yourself for your walking than by visiting an authentic Icelandic pub! On our Reykjavik Pub Crawl, we take you to the best bars in Reykjavik to sample 10 craft beers only found in Iceland. If you don’t already feel like a Viking when visiting Reykjavik, you will after this walking tour!
- Support Local Businesses One of the best ways to experience a city is by visiting the local businesses and authentic shops in the area. When it comes to Reykjavik there are so many great local stores, it can be difficult to choose which ones to stop in. We can help you with this process through one of our walking tours. The Reykjavik Food Lovers Tour gives you a taste for Traditional Icelandic Food all in the center of Reykjavik. Feast on the legendary Icelandic hot dogs, try Iceland in a bowl = The Icelandic Lamb soup and many more delicacies.
- Learn the Secrets of the land
Iceland has a history of Elves, Trolls, Ghosts, and monsters. The town’s quaint streets can have an eerie feel with stories of ghosts and monsters. If you are intrigued by Iceland’s dark past, our Icelandic Mythical Walk will lead you through a couple of graveyards and tell you about ghosts, elves, trolls, and monsters to haunt your dreams while in Iceland and beyond.
- See Reykjavik from the Street View
Many elements of a city that make it so interesting can easily be missed if you are not looking in the right places. Drive by in a car and you may miss the commotions, smells, and energy of the town. To experience the fullness of a city such as Reykjavik, it is a good idea to have a tour guide show you the best on the streets. That is one of the reasons why we offer a Reykjavik Street Food Tour. Along with the fantastic Icelandic food, we also present fun facts about Iceland’s history.
- Customize your Experience
Possibly the best part of a walking tour is how easy and affordable it is to have a personal tour guide for your family or traveling group. You can reserve a private Icelandic Mythical Walk, a private City walk called Walk with a Viking, or a Custom Walking Tour of Reykjavik where we can include food, drinks, and even museum passes. We wish to work with you to make your visit to Reykjavik spectacular! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions and wishes for your trip to Reykjavik.